Re: Feature freeze

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: Feature freeze
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 15:05:31 +0100

Stefan Monnier writes:
> The trunk is now officially "frozen for new features".
> IOW, feel free to keep installing bug-fixes, manual updates, and things
> like that, but refrain from installing changes that introduce new
> features.

I would very much like to get the better help support for EIEIO methods
and classes in the next release. We discussed it here in February:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/156807

I got sidetracked at that time, but I'm currently working it. The
essential functionality won't change, though: the main work is done in
eieio.el and eieio-opt.el. The only things that get's added to
help-fns.el is the new `help-fns-describe-function-functions' hook.

Would it be OK to apply it in the coming days?

Also, I'd like to do another sync from CEDET upstream, but AFAICS that's
only bugfixes.

-David