Re: How to update the copyright notice?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: How to update the copyright notice?
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 10:30:44 -0800

Xue Fuqiao wrote:
> I'd love to help update the copyright
> notices in the repo, like the one committed by Paul[fn:1].

I documented the procedure that I used last year,
as trunk bzr 115735.  It's packaged up as a new script
'admin/update-copyright'.

The procedure leaves AIST copyright dates alone,
partly because I didn't know about them last year,
and partly because I don't know how to update them
(there's some relationship between years and copyright
registration that I don't understand).
I put a FIXME for this into the new file
admin/update-copyright.