Re: I can't commit a simple change

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: I can't commit a simple change
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 14:35:29 -0500

Glenn Morris wrote:

> Richard Stallman wrote:
>
>>     Nothing has changed wrt. the info files.  It's just that the directory
>>     is no longer kept in the repository.
>>
>> That seems like a mistake.  It makes building slower.
>
> No, it does not. You have misunderstood.

Let me elaborate: the .info files were never in the repository.
All that was there was a (pointless) info/dir file.
That's auto-generated now when needed.
You had a conflict when you updated from bzr, because bzr wanted to
remove the info directory, but you had non-versioned files in there, so
it could not.
Deal with the conflict and you will find that literally nothing has
changed about building Emacs from bzr in any meaningful way.