Re: How to update the copyright notice?

From: Jarek Czekalski
Subject: Re: How to update the copyright notice?
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 23:30:21 +0100

W dniu 12/24/2013 08:16 PM, Glenn Morris pisze:
Updating the copyrights is a meaningless, almost entirely automatic task, that only one person can sensibly do. IMO, you really should not waste time learning about it.

Updating copyright notice is as useless as the gnu license note itself in all files. If we are serious about the copyright notice, we should also be serious about the dates. I don't understand why we should state in all the files that they were modified in 2014, if they actually were not. On the other hand I wouldn't start a discussion about it, but if someone wants to start a discusion about the pointelessness of copyright notice, I think I may chime in. I believe in gnu license and treat it seriously. See this post for example:
https://forums.mozilla.org/addons/viewtopic.php?p=30185&sid=3aa0fd477d05c2e34adb5aa30710c18b

Jarek