Re: I can't commit a simple change

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: I can't commit a simple change
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 21:18:59 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Besides, even if we do postpone the removal to build time, how do you
> suggest doing this in practice?  Adding this to Makefile.in is
> problematic, since it will thereafter remove those files again and
> again, after the user did the build, until the removal commands are
> deleted from Makefile.in.  And how to know when to delete them?  I
> don't see how this can be workable.

Like I said in the original message -- if the build system were able to
detect that you had updated past revision foo, then it might be possible
to do something with that knowledge.  Perhaps there might be an
associated clean-up script for foo.

And I don't know whether that's workable, but I'm not a build genius,
and there's plenty of them here on this list.  >"?