Cannot generate web manuals

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Cannot generate web manuals
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 12:04:59 +0800

I was trying to generate the web manuals for the Emacs webpage locally
with `make-manuals' in admin/admin.el, but met an error.  I've attached
the backtrace.

I invoked this command without using prefix argument (which means to
generate all kinds of manuals: HTML, PDF, and PostScript).  The error
occurred when generating the "emacs-node" manual (which is the first
step).  The bug is in `manual-html-fix-headers': Emacs can't find "<meta
http-equiv=\"Content-Style".  I've also attached a sample HTML file
(Abbrevs.html), generated by Texinfo 5.1 and Emacs trunk revision
115779.  Maybe we should wrap it with something like
`with-demoted-errors', or remove the erroneous `search-forward' line in
`manual-html-fix-headers'.  Should I file a bug report?

BTW perhaps we should use something like `make-progress-reporter' to
report the progress of this function, since it'll take a long time.

I'll also start to work on generating PDF and PostScript versions of
doc/misc manuals as requested by Jambunathan K[fn:1] later.

I also have a question here: `manual-html-mono' does not generate the
manual for lispref.  How was
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/elisp.html generated?

Footnotes:

[fn:1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-12/msg00000.html

--
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/

Next: Dired, Previous: Maintaining, Up: Top   [Contents][Index]

29 Abbrevs

A defined abbrev is a word which expands, if you insert it, into some different text. Abbrevs are defined by the user to expand in specific ways. For example, you might define ‘foo’ as an abbrev expanding to ‘find outer otter’. Then you could insert ‘find outer otter ’ into the buffer by typing f o o SPC.

A second kind of abbreviation facility is called dynamic abbrev expansion. You use dynamic abbrev expansion with an explicit command to expand the letters in the buffer before point by looking for other words in the buffer that start with those letters. See Dynamic Abbrevs.

“Hippie” expansion generalizes abbreviation expansion. See Hippie Expansion in Features for Automatic Typing.