Re: trunk r115773: Port xcrun configuration to GNU/Linux.

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: trunk r115773: Port xcrun configuration to GNU/Linux.
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 20:57:36 +0900

> On 29 Dec 2013, at 01:11, Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Yes.  Actually it is not so uncommon to have spaces as a part of a
>> volume name (e.g., /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Applications/Xcode.app/…).

> It’s certainly not uncommon to have a space in a volume name, but
> it’s pretty uncommon in my (limited) experience to use the volume
> name at all. The above would be written as
> "/Applications/Xcode.app/…" on every macosx development system I’ve
> seen, but that’s not a large number. Does that help?

Xcode 5 supports both Mountain Lion and Mavericks, and if you have one
partition for each version on the same machine, then you don't have to
install two instances of Xcode 5.  Actually, I install Xcode 5 only in
the Mountain Lion partition and use it from Mavericks on my laptop.
In such a case, xcrun --show-sdk-path prints
/Volumes/VOLUME_NAME_FOR_MOUNTAIN_LION/Applications/Xcode.app/...

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden