Re: trunk r115773: Port xcrun configuration to GNU/Linux.

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: trunk r115773: Port xcrun configuration to GNU/Linux.
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 22:55:12 +0900

>> Yes.  Actually it is not so uncommon to have spaces as a part of a
>> volume name (e.g., /Volumes/Macintosh
>> HD/Applications/Xcode.app/...).  That's why I didn't apply the
>> patch in
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-10/msg00760.html
>> to the Mac port.
>>

> We only need to use xcsdkdir if xcrun is used, I made that change.

I don't think that is correct at least for Mavericks.  See below.

>> I'd encourage those who build Emacs themselves to install the
>> Command Line Developer Tools on Mavericks (i.e., $ xcode-select
>> --install) so they have /usr/include directory, which does not
>> exist by default.

> Last I checked, that required an additional registration.  Some
> people are not comfortable with that.  Also, upgrading Xcode is
> easier if xcrun is used.

I actually have one experimental Mavericks installation where the
Command Line Developer Tools are not installed.  Still there exists
/usr/bin/gcc as a wrapper to execute gcc in the active developer
directory (see man page of xcode-select(1)), and `configure' thinks it
doesn't need to use xcrun to run gcc.  But the directory /usr/include
does not exist and you need to use xcsdkdir for the libxml2 headers.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden