Re: file watch feature missing on darwin

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: file watch feature missing on darwin
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 10:08:39 +0100

Leo Liu <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi there,

Hi Leo,

> Any reason this feature is not implemented for darwin? Thanks.

The native file monitoring library for BSD-like systems is kqueue. Support
to Emacs is not added due to a lack of a volunteer who implements
it. Feel free to do the job :-) I would be happy to add a kqueue
interface into filenotify.el.

According to the Changelogs, kqueue has been added as native library to
GIO a year a go. If you have linked Emacs to a recent (*) glib on your
Darwin system, file monitoring shall be available for you.

(*) I haven't checked which glib version.

> Leo

Best regards, Michael.