Re: news and docs for command-error-function

From: Jarek Czekalski
Subject: Re: news and docs for command-error-function
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 14:42:59 +0100

W dniu 2013-12-30 14:09, Stefan Monnier pisze:

3. the way it could be substituted before 24.4 (a lisp snippet, like in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-10/msg00819.html)
This is a problem solved in 24.4 rather than introduced in 24.4, so 24.4
is not the place to document how it could have been solved earlier.

Let's assume that I am a package writer and will to use command-error-function. I have Emacs 24.4, but I want my code to be backward compatible with all Emacs versions having command-error-funcion at all. Of course I am starting with reading the docs of command-error-function. This is usually not enough (for example to figure out since what version the variable exists), so I also grep NEWS*. Will I be able to do my work after reading these places?

Jarek