Re: Please try building with librsvg on MS-Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Please try building with librsvg on MS-Windows
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 09:58:54 +0200

> From: Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 00:36:41 +0000 (UTC)
>
> Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen <at> xemacs.org> writes:
>

> > Juanma Barranquero writes:
> >
> >  > Yes, I unzipped the test suite ("SVG 1.1 Second Edition test suite"
> >  > from http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Test_Suite_Overview) and
> >  > it creates the whole test tree. Also, IE and Chrome do show the images
> >  > correctly, so the required files are obviously there.
> >

> I upgraded my whole librsvg suite (compile with mingw64).
> After moving /usr/local/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 to <emacs_dir>/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0
> and /usr/local/etc/pango to <emacs_dir>/etc/pango, I get much better results.
>
> If it still fails for you, what is the file name ?

The file name was color-prof-01-f.svg.  But the problem was that the
binary archive I prepared included a pango.modules file that mentioned
absolute file names in a specific directory, derived from --prefix
specified at configure time.  Juanma installed librsvg in a different
place, so Pango couldn't find its modules (which are shared libraries)
and load them.

Meanwhile, I found out that keeping the file names in pango.modules
relative, without any leading directories, causes Pango to look for
them in the right place, relative to the root of its installation.  So
I uploaded fixed binary zips to resolve this issue, and it should no
longer exist.

Thanks.