Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 12:28:04 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:
> I love bzr and hate git.  I hope Emacs will not switch from bzr in my
> lifetime, not to git anyway.

I can understand hating git; the UI is pretty nasty, and there is at least
a colorable argument that containerlessness is a bug.  I use git in spite
of its defects, not because I don't know they're there.

I don't understand loving bzr; my experiences with it have been unpleasant.
I would be interested to hear your apologia for it.

Mind you, I think opposing git adoption is like trying to stop the tide
from coming in, at this point (and have my own mixed feelings about that).
But I am genuinely curious about your reasons.