Re: Addition of SES local printer functions.

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Addition of SES local printer functions.
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 19:27:35 -0500

Vincent Belaïche wrote:

> Please explain me how to "uncommit" the change, and I can undo it, so
> that the local printers function is introduced later on.

Don't do a literal "uncommit", just commit a reverse patch.

> Well, my conclusion is that, as I am not so frequent a contributor, and
> not following closely the emacs-devel list, I should systematically ask
> for the feature-freeze status before doing any function addition.

It is something of a problem. I've wondered in the past if there needs
to be a separate emacs-devel-announce list (I don't like this idea), or
a convention for using a Mailman topic for emacs-devel announcements
that developers need to pay attention to, to make them stand out from
the noise.