Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 08:39:04 +0100

Thierry Volpiatto <address@hidden> writes:

> Also would be great to stop writing unuseful changelog files.

They are useful. A tar distribution does not contain the git repo with
the history of commitments.

Another question is, whether we still want to write ChangeLogs manually,
or whether we want to extract them from commit comments. That's not such
easy, see all the "fix typo" comments.

Best regards, Michael.