Re: bzr is dying; Emacs needs to move

From: Rüdiger Sonderfeld
Subject: Re: bzr is dying; Emacs needs to move
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 10:05:55 +0100

On Friday 03 January 2014 07:15:41 address@hidden wrote:
> I have a box at www.verona.se where i could offer such a service free of
> charge to emacs devs, if anyone wants it. It sits in my cupboard, but
> has 100mbit link.
>

> I already have plenty of emacs stuff on that box.

As I said, it shouldn't be necessary to do the import all over again every
time.  The git mirror should be able to provide the additional
objects/information which git-bzr needs.  Maybe we could contact the git-bzr
developer for more information.  But emacsmirror used to do exactly that but
took down the mirror.  I'm not sure exactly why.

I've created an issue for emacsmirror and asked Jonas for comments.

https://github.com/emacsmirror/p/issues/29

(Unless you want to use your box as a cupboard heater, of course.)

Regards
Rüdiger