Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 11:05:02 +0100

Rüdiger Sonderfeld <address@hidden> writes:

> But those points are not really an obstacle or argument against auto-
> generation of the ChangeLog _files_ from the commit messages

Commit messages are not meant to be edited, while it's good to be
able to edit Changelog files.

We use the workflow you suggest in Org (i.e. using only commit
messages and producing ChangeLogs from them) and I can tell how
frustrating this is: you need to review all typos and mistakes
from all contributors, because the script to generate the logs
will not do it for you.

--
 Bastien