Re: Apologia for bzr

From: Leo Liu
Subject: Re: Apologia for bzr
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 21:49:05 +0800

On 2014-01-03 18:26 +0800, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> More importantly, the glossary, at least git's glossary, is not going
> to help here.  Let's take this example I showed earlier

GIT's manual pages, good or bad, is not the issue. The issue is
programmers using git have outnumbered bzr and hg combined. Most people
are already familiar with git's jargon or whatnot.

A few years ago I counted the number of users on #git, #hg and #bzr @
freenode. hg users were a quarter of git's. bzr users under two digits.
If you ask a question on #bzr, you can get a reply in half a day at
best.

I think getting new blood into emacs devel is critical or we might find
ourselves in the same situation as bzr a few years later.

Leo