Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 16:03:14 +0200

> From: Bastien <address@hidden>
> Cc: Joakim Verona <address@hidden>,  Karl Fogel <address@hidden>,  Eli
> Zaretskii <address@hidden>,  Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>,  Emacs
> developers <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 14:01:19 +0100
>
> It seems to me that this thread is taking a wrong path:
> it started as "please use Git" and continues as "please
> keep Eli."

I didn't feel it was that way.  Karl asked for opinions and I provided
mine.  I hope no one, including Karl, expected to hear only the YES
kind of responses.  I didn't ask anyone to please me, and didn't say I
will stop working on Emacs if it did switch.

> Maybe Eli if you could suggest an alternative to bzr
> (that is not Git, which you hate) people would be open
> to your suggestions?

I don't see the need.  Either we switch to git or we don't, it's that
simple.  No one will switch to anything else.

> I for one would be open to using another dVCS as long
> as it makes current contributors happier and allows to
> get more contributions.

As someone else said, git sucked all the oxygen there was, so here we
are.  As for more contributions, I hope you are right, but I have my
doubts.