Re: Apologia for bzr

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Apologia for bzr
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 16:08:40 +0200

> From:  Leo Liu <address@hidden>
> Cc: Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>,  address@hidden,  address@hidden,
> address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 21:49:05 +0800
>
> On 2014-01-03 18:26 +0800, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > More importantly, the glossary, at least git's glossary, is not going
> > to help here.  Let's take this example I showed earlier
>
> GIT's manual pages, good or bad, is not the issue.

They are the issue in this thread, because it started when I was asked
about my reasons for hating it.  Perhaps you meant to post in another
thread (of which there are too many)?

> I think getting new blood into emacs devel is critical or we might find
> ourselves in the same situation as bzr a few years later.

I agree about the need, but have my doubts about the results.  We've
heard similar arguments for switching from CVS, too.  I hope I will be
proven wrong.