Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 15:24:32 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> I didn't ask anyone to please me, and didn't say I
> will stop working on Emacs if it did switch.

Okay.  It was suggested that the switch would discourage
you from contributing, I'm glad to read otherwise.

>> Maybe Eli if you could suggest an alternative to bzr
>> (that is not Git, which you hate) people would be open
>> to your suggestions?
>
> I don't see the need.  Either we switch to git or we don't, it's that
> simple.  No one will switch to anything else.

(I thought Mercurial was another possible choice.)

>> I for one would be open to using another dVCS as long
>> as it makes current contributors happier and allows to
>> get more contributions.
>
> As someone else said, git sucked all the oxygen there was, so here we
> are.  As for more contributions, I hope you are right, but I have my
> doubts.

I don't think we will magically get tons of new contributors,
but I know that past contributors like Thierry V. and John W.
said they are more likely to contribute back again, which
already counts as "more contributors" for me.

--
 Bastien