Re: Apologia for bzr

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Apologia for bzr
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 09:37:16 -0500

    This is the Emacs mailing list I'm on, right? Emacs of "find" a file to
    open it, files live in "buffers", "windows" aren't windows but "frames"
    are, "kill" to cut and "yank" to paste fame? ;-)

Emacs did these things first, and our terminology came first.  If you
wish to complain about the use of incompatible terminology by other
systems inconvenient, you need to send your complaints to their
developers.

    The same could be said of most unix man pages. Good man pages aren't
    supposed to be tutorials.

That's true.  That's the job of a real manual.
Still, man pages should be comprehensible.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation