Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 18:50:59 +0100

Ted Zlatanov writes:
> Besides the things listed already, I think it will make the life of
> Katsumi Yamaoka, who tirelessly synchronizes commits between Gnus and
> Emacs, a bit easier when both those projects are using Git.

It should at least be noted that CEDET is using bzr, and when Emacs
switches, we will probably have to do that as well; not really for
technical reasons, but simply to not be the last man standing.

I don't see which advantages git has w.r.t. cross-repository merges. It
really boils down to playing the patch|diff game.

-David