Re: List to announce project status (feature freeze, etc...)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: List to announce project status (feature freeze, etc...)
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 15:06:00 -0500

> That list is for official announcements that all _users_ of Emacs might
> want to read. This is a vastly larger population than the developer
> population, so they should not be bothered with irrelevant (to them)
> announcements.

OTOH this is a very low bandwidth list, and many users would probably be
happy to hear more often about the progress of Emacs development.
So, while it would triple the bandwidth (instead of one message per
release, we'd have 3: "freeze", "unfreeze", and "release"), Emacs users
may actually enjoy knowing a bit more about the development status of
the next release.

        Stefan