Re: Addition of SES local printer functions.

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Addition of SES local printer functions.
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 15:31:36 -0500

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> Agreed.  Maybe we need a way to send a message to all the members of the
> Savannah "emacs" group.

That's an interesting idea, if you mean sending a message via Savannah
itself. But Someone (TM) would have to add a new Savannah feature, one
which I don't think would be used very often. (If I were a Savannah
admin I'd just respond: keep a list of all your developers' emails.)

Using Mailman topics is the least bad solution I can think of. Define an
"announce" topic for emacs-devel, require all developers to subscribe to
at least that topic. Then you have to remember to add "Keywords:
announce" to the relevant messages. Remembering would be the tricky bit,
but we could always resend the messages if we forgot the first time.

Maybe the low-tech solution of just keeping a list of all developer
emails is the best in practice. :(

Using info-gnu-emacs is my least favourite solution.