Re: Generating ChangeLog files.

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Generating ChangeLog files.
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 12:49:34 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> > ChangeLogs are easier to access and search, and they have better
> > information (mistakes can be corrected).  I rarely refer to the commit
> > log, other than the one-liners of "bzr log --line" to quickly locate a
> > recent commit, and these are less than helpful because many people
> > does not really adds a summary.

> I stand on the other side: the only reason I ever look at the ChangeLog
> files is because "bzr log" is so damn slow.  But even with this
> slowness, I usually use "bzr log" (or rather vc-print-log), because
> I can then easily get the corresponding diff.

I, in general, prefer ChangeLog files, but one point I don't
like it is that they are splitted into multiple directories.
I'd like to see all related changes for a single commit as a
single ChangeLog entry.  Isn't it possible to have a single
ChangeLog file in the top directory?

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden