Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 14:15:28 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm quite convinced that nobody will miss ChangeLog files when working
>> with Git.
>
> Users?

What about "when working with Git" did you not understand?

> Especially those who use Emacs from a preinstalled version, not from a
> Git clone.

So?  You can generate a ChangeLog file from Git, and we likely would do
so.  But frankly: it is quite unlikely for users to look at a ChangeLog
file.  What's interesting for users is NEWS.  For anything beyond that,
you'll likely just clone the git repository as it is

a) cheap to do (we are not talking about Bazaar here)
b) so much more convenient to search.

--
David Kastrup