Apologia for CUA mode

From: Christophe Poncy
Subject: Apologia for CUA mode
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 23:09:16 +0100

On 2014-01-04 20:38, Lennart Borgman wrote:
On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 8:00 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

Tom <address@hidden> writes:

> Kill/yank comes to mind as obvious example. The copy/cut/paste
> terminology is pretty much standard, so the various kill/yank
> operations (kill-region, copy-region-as-kill, etc.) should
> be mapped to these terms.

The problem I see with that is that the terms are mnemonics for the
keybindings: the kill bindings contain "k", the yank bindings "y".

And (as you probably remember) the problem with that as I see it is the
key bindings. Users expect CUA. ;-)

Not all. My mother who never touched a PC in its entire life likes emacs as it is :)

--
Support free software! Join FSF:
https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom?referrer=4574