Re: Prefer Mercurial instead of git

From: Sebastian Wiesner
Subject: Re: Prefer Mercurial instead of git
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 18:16:13 +0100

Am 04.01.2014 17:41 schrieb "Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso" <address@hidden>:

> On Sat, 2014-01-04 at 17:08 +0100, Sebastian Wiesner wrote:
>
> > For reference, a little grepping in the recipes of MELPA
> > (http://melpa.milkbox.net/) reveals a similar bias towards Git:
> >
> > $ grep ':fetcher hg' * | wc -l
> > 31
> > $ grep ':fetcher git' * | grep -v github | wc -l
> > 29
> > $ grep ':fetcher github' * | wc -l
> > 1186
>
> This looks like a bias towards github, not git. And this is a problem,
> not something to be praised.

Oh dear.  I didn't praise anything.  I simply provided data about the
popularity of Git and Mercurial within the community of  independent
Emacs developers, which indicates that Git is by far the most popular
DVCS among these developers.  That's a fact, like it or not.

I didn't make any judgement as to whether this is good or bad, or even
relevant at all. Do whatever you want with it.