Re: Prefer Mercurial instead of git

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Prefer Mercurial instead of git
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 02:54:33 +0900

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso writes:

 > Mercurial is a good choice,

Which is the first thing that *I* wrote about it.  Hm?

 > despite being less popular than git.

Still, it's not as good a choice as git, *because* it's less popular
than git, in particular, among Emacs developers.  You could argue that
at least three very senior developers (if RMS isn't the third,
*somebody* will appear :-) prefer bzr, and might very well prefer hg,
and that's more important than mere numbers.  I can't refute that
argument, but I sure can, and do, disagree with the conclusion.

I have a bunch of further comments on the specifics of Jordi's post,
but they're off-topic for now, so I'm replying to him directly.

Interested parties, let one of us know.