Re: Prefer Mercurial instead of git

From: Darren Hoo
Subject: Re: Prefer Mercurial instead of git
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 20:26:33 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 10:25:40 -0800
>> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
>>
>> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> > All of the core developers used bzr for years with no
>> > problems.
>>
>> bzr is significantly and annoyingly slower than git in most of my
>> use cases.
>
> In percents, but not in absolute numbers.  It is fast enough.
>
> And if speed is so important to you, why do you use makeinfo 5, which
> is 18 times slower than its predecessor?
>
>> I can and have put up with it and have gotten work done, but saying
>> it has "no problems" goes too far.
>
> Sorry, but I didn't mean you when I wrote the above.

I know you are the core developer. (I am a little sensitive to this
word, as in China dictators of our country like to force their people to
call them the "core" leader).

But since when Stefan, Glenn and Chong Yidong became not the core
developers of Emacs?

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2012-11/msg00235.html

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/937101