Re: Emacs completion matches selection UI

From: Toby Cubitt
Subject: Re: Emacs completion matches selection UI
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 15:54:28 +0000

On Mon, Jan 06, 2014 at 09:47:49AM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >> Extending the company API or the completion-ui API to handle things
> >> like filename completion (including the issues linked to handling
> >> quoting/unquoting) is far from obvious,
> > What's the roadblock here? I don't see it.
>
> I know.  That's why it's non-obvious.

Witty, but not very illuminating!

If you say it would be tough to support filename completion (I assume
we're talking minibuffer filename completion here?), I of course trust
your judgement. But I'd be interested to understand why.

Any pointers?

Toby
--
Dr T. S. Cubitt
Royal Society University Research Fellow

email: address@hidden
web:   www.dr-qubit.org