Re: Prefer Mercurial instead of git

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Prefer Mercurial instead of git
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 19:44:22 +0200

> From: Darren Hoo <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 20:26:33 +0800
>
> But since when Stefan, Glenn and Chong Yidong became not the core
> developers of Emacs?

I never said they weren't.  They sure are.  Please don't put such
words in my mouth.

> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2012-11/msg00235.html
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/937101

Why didn't you quote the bug reports _I_ filed against bzr?  Then my
delusional nature would have been clear to anyone.

But wait, I also reported bugs against Emacs, some of them even
involved crashes.  So perhaps we should abandon this piece of crap,
and switch to Notepad.  Because it's evident that a package that has
bugs can never be useful and generally reliable, right?

If you want to be serious now, then please re-read the part of the
message to which I responded, which was that "bzr was not good for
Emacs".  That is the context against which you should understand my
response.

Of course, even if you didn't catch the context, to assume that by
"without problems" I could possibly mean "without a single bug or
annoyance" would be far fetched, to say the least.