Re: Move to git is not imminent - esr is just tired of talking about it

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: Move to git is not imminent - esr is just tired of talking about it
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 10:18:07 -0800

On 01/06/2014 09:49 AM, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:
esr, please don't pretend like the move is a fait accompli. While
there git is enjoying an obvious popularity, GNU packages doesn't make
decisions merely based on what is popular. If we just wanted
popularity, we would be putting videos of Miley Cyrus on the Emacs
splash page.

In another thread, you raised the possibility of switching to Mercurial instead of git. After vigorous debate, you failed to change the broad consensus that has formed around git. I will not rehash that thread here, but I think we can agree that your concerns were heard. Please focus now on making the transition to git as smooth as possible. You are welcome to use hg-git once the transition is complete.