Re: dealing with local patches - mercurial queues over bzr/git checkout

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: dealing with local patches - mercurial queues over bzr/git checkout
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 15:27:41 -0500

On Mon, 2014-01-06 at 12:09 -0800, Daniel Colascione wrote:
> Mercurial's artificial distinction between branches and other kinds
> of change groupings is one of the things I dislike most about the
> system. I feel strongly that git got it fundamentally right and
> Mercurial got it fundamentally wrong.

I agree that MQ was a mistake in hg. Git has made mistakes too, like
submodules. However, just as git has fixed submodules with subtrees,
we also have better modern alternatives to MQ, such as Evolve. In git,
without something like Evolve instead we have,

    http://www.infoq.com/news/2013/11/use-the-force/

- Jordi G. H.