Re: Move to git is imminent - awaiting Stefan's approval

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: Move to git is imminent - awaiting Stefan's approval
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 06:24:51 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> The above is not enough.  I would suggest to have the following
>> additional steps, before the switch:
>
> Sounds right.
>
> I'd also like:
>
> - Improve vc-git.el so that it can automatically enable smerge-mode when
>   opening a conflicted file and (probably conditional on a config var)
>   mark the file as "not conflicted any more" when saving with no
>   remaining diff3 markers.
>   This currently works in vc-bzr.el (and vc-svn.el as well, IIRC).
>
> - Improve vc-git.el with vc-git-conflicted-files so that
>   vc-find-conflicted-files works for Git as well.

You can use git-mergetool with ediff-merge for this.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1817370/using-ediff-as-git-mergetool

When git fail to merge and signal a conflict, run git-mergetool in e.g
eshell will bring you a new frame with ediff-merge to resolve the
conflict manually, always worked fine for me.

--
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key: