RE: About the :distant-foreground face attribute

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: About the :distant-foreground face attribute
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 11:06:15 -0800 (PST)

> > IMO, the implementation, and probably the feature itself, is not
> > TRT.
>
> Sorry, I disagree.  I think it's exactly right.

And what do you say about code that expects that a face's
`foreground' attribute actually reflects the face's current
foreground appearance?  Silence on that question, so far.

When examining attribute `foreground' tells you nothing about
the foreground, and changing the attribute value turns silently
into a no-op, I'd say that something basic has been broken.