Re: About the :distant-foreground face attribute

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: About the :distant-foreground face attribute
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 11:10:57 +0100

8 jan 2014 kl. 10:52 skrev Chong Yidong <address@hidden>:

> Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Gtk and NS the region color to use is in that case specified by the
>> system and should not be generated by modifying a color component.
>> How do you specify that?
>
> The reason this feature was introduced was so that Emacs could get away
> with not using the specified *_foreground_color, and use the underlying
> face color instead.  It is inconsistent to suddenly want to start
> honoring it.

Honoring what?  Your statement makes no sense.  I'm talking about the fact that
your proposal does not do what the current implementation does.
In your proposal, the foreground to use (distant foreground) would be
calculated by Emacs.
In the current implementation, the foreground to use is specified by the system
(Gtk+/NS).
How do you specify that in your proposal?

        Jan D.