Re: mykie.el

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: mykie.el
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 10:44:46 -0500

On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 22:24:16 -0500 Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

SM> Making it easier to customize Emacs is great, but it's better if it also
SM> gets you some way towards hacking on Emacs so as to become a contributor.
>> I completely disagree with that line of thinking.

SM> I can't begin to imagine why you'd disagree with it.

Because hacking should be an exploration, not a guided expedition.
Anyhow, I didn't mean to sidetrack things, I think we agree on this.

>> The important question for you and Yamada-san is, would you be
>> interested in something like `sm-combined-command' in the Emacs core,

SM> You could add it to subr-x.el (after 24.4),

Wonderful, thanks.  Yamada-san, WDYT?  Do you want to work on the
approach Stefan suggested in the Emacs core and integrate mykie.el with
it, or would you rather keep mykie.el separate from this work?

Shall I name this `define-key-contextual' or something else?

Ted