Re: Improved git commit emails

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Improved git commit emails
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 13:37:49 -0500

Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> I did something like this for Gnus commit e-mails (starting with an
> existing Git post-receive script).  See
> http://git.gnus.org/cgit/gnus.git/tree/etc/post-receive and the e-mails
> themselves are at http://news.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.commits for
> example.

At first glance, the results look pretty good to me. Certainly much
better than the current elpa setup.

I have no idea how it would integrate with the other solution that just
appeared out of thin air and is already the subject of a Savannah
support request (maybe someone should have tested that before bothering
Savannah?).

Anyway, I'm going to invest zero effort in this, just bitch and
complain, like a bunch of people did about bzr. :)