Re: trunk r115926: In preparation for the move to git, sanitize out some

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: trunk r115926: In preparation for the move to git, sanitize out some Bazaar-specific names.
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 19:34:32 -0500

"Eric S. Raymond" wrote:

> But I did get a request that the stuff around (what is now)
> emacs-repository-version be fixed immediately so that at no point
> would any bug report lack a repository revision stamp.

I believe the request was that it keep working across the switch,
whenever that happens, not that it get changed Right Now in trunk.

After the feature freeze ends (which I guess will be no more than a few
weeks from now), the 24.4 release will be split off to the emacs-24
branch, and the trunk will be available for development again. It will
be some time (I guess no less than a few months) after this that 24.4 is
released; and nobody said this transition had to happen immediately
after that anyway.