Re: Git transition checklist

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Git transition checklist
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 21:32:31 +0100

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Oh look, what great timing:
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/bazaar/2014q1/075790.html
>
>    I've forked Bazaar, as bzr3, in order to move the codebase to Python 3.x
>    and remove things no longer required to make that effort easier.
>
> Not dead, only sleeping?

How is it not dead if a _fork_ appears appropriate for supporting the
current Python version?

While I don't know the circumstances involved, for a live project
porting to the current version of its language would happen in a
_branch_ of the upstream repository.

A _fork_ will take a lot of effort before it can gather the kind of
support an original project once had.

--
David Kastrup