GtkHandleBox in GTK3 looks awful and is deprecated: can we stop using it

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: GtkHandleBox in GTK3 looks awful and is deprecated: can we stop using it?
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 18:18:16 -0800

In GTK3 builds, at least with the default Unity GKT+ theme, GtkHandleBox looks awful because it's not styled with other widgets. The feature it's supposed to provide doesn't even work: detaching the toolbar just yields a zero-size window. GtkHandleBox is deprecated in GTK+3 and it will be removed eventually; there is no replacement. Can we just compile without HAVE_GTK_HANDLE_BOX_NEW? Does this feature get much use?