Re: More fun with vcswitness

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: More fun with vcswitness
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 21:46:41 -0500

Jan Djärv wrote:

> 12 jan 2014 kl. 22:12 skrev Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:
>
>> srcdir should always be a relative file name, like ../foo, never
>> absolute.
>
> Is this the srcdir used when compiling in a separate directory?

Yes, you are right, it may or may not be absolute.

Personally I don't see a problem, since '$srcdir' is single quoted, so
that it gets expanded only in src/Makefile, as Andreas said.

But there are too many emails of supposition, and AFAICS still no clear
bug report, so I dunno.

And none of this affects Emacs releases anyway, so it has zero relevance
to 24.4 and is not worth spending time on now.