Re: eww

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: eww
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 23:25:10 +0100

> This calling convention has the drawback that (define-alternatives web)
> isn't recognized as a definition for the variable web-alternatives.

I'm not sure I understand.

> Should we tell people to write a defvar for web-alternatives
> just after the define-alternatives for web?

I enhanced the docstring a bit---it now reads:

  Define the new command `COMMAND'.

  The argument `COMMAND' should be a symbol.

  Running `M-x COMMAND RET' for the first time prompts for which
  alternative to use and records the selected command as a custom
  variable.

  Running `C-u M-x COMMAND RET' prompts again for an alternative
  and overwrites the previous choice.

  The variable `COMMAND-alternatives' contains an alist with
  alternative implementations of COMMAND.  `define-alternatives'
  does not have any effect until this variable is set.

  CUSTOMIZATIONS, if non-nil, should be composed of alternating
  `defcustom' keywords and values to add to the declaration of
  `COMMAND-alternatives' (typically :group and :version).

I hope this is clearer.

--
 Bastien