Re: Occur stack

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Occur stack
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 20:30:22 +0000 (UTC)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi <at> gnus.org> writes:

> I think that could be generalised to other modes that have similar
> "remove everything in the buffer and display new data" ways of working.

Nice idea.

Another example which occurs to me is diff. It happens to me that
I diff two files, check the diff, do something else then diff two
other files and then I need to check something with the first diff
again. In this case I rerun the diff, but I could simply go
back in the diff buffer's history with this feature.

As you say this buffer history could be generic feature for commands
which reuse the same buffer to display daya. Such as occur, diff
and there are  surely other examples.