Re: Occur stack

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: Occur stack
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 13:08:09 -0800

On 01/14/2014 09:21 AM, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
Tom <address@hidden> writes:

Of course, but it results in a proliferation of occur buffers.
It would be nicer to have a single occur buffer where I could

Yeah.  Perhaps there should be a semi-general "buffer history"
functionality for these sorts of buffers?  eww has its own history, and
that's just a buffer-local variable that has a list of buffer
contents/points/etc, along with some history traversal commands.

I think that could be generalised to other modes that have similar
"remove everything in the buffer and display new data" ways of working.
Some modes might need more "restoring" code, though, so it should be
customisable by each mode...

I'd also like some way of better managing dired buffers. Every time I try to use dired intensively instead of the shell, I end up with dozens of dired buffers laying around. I'd prefer everything to happen in a single dired buffer unless I explicitly "fork" my dired history. IOW, navigation in dired buffers, and eww buffers, and occur buffers, should work exactly like web browser pages with an "open in new tab" option.