Fossil references in the Emacs tree - request for review

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Fossil references in the Emacs tree - request for review
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 14:59:42 -0500 (EST)

I believe I have identified all the Bazaar and CVS revision references in
Emacs head.  My intention is to patch these to action stamps on
conversion day.

ChangeLog:
        revno 108687
admin/ChangeLog:
        revno:105007
etc/ChangeLog:
        r112148
        revno:108936
        revision 106831
        CVS-1.61
        1.61 in CVS
lib-src/ChangeLog:
        revno:106608
        revno 100789
lisp/ChangeLog:
        rev. 110325
        r115470
        of 2012-12-20 (r111276)
        2013-12-11 (r115470)
        revno:114543
        revno:113793
        revno:113117
        r114834
        revno:113431
        revno:113147
masdos/ChangeLog
        revno 101897
        revno 101876
        revno 100306
nt/ChangeLog:
        revno 108687
src/ChangeLog:
        revision 114614 (commit of 2013-10-10)
        revno:113431
doc/lispref/ChangeLog:
        revno 101949

Because ChangeLog entries cumulate rather than being revised I am
pretty sure this set is exhaustive for the entire history of the
ChangeLogs.

I checked the entire rest of the tree for revisions in these forms.
I also looked for bare CVS revision numbers of the form 1.[0-9]+ but
found none of those.

It's easy to miss matches in the clutter, so I made several passes with
different noise filters.  Still, it is possible I missed a few.  It
would be a good thing if someone independently checked my work.

(This report does not include revision comments.  That's another and
larger kettle of fish.)

If a thousand men were not to pay their tax-bills this year, that would
... [be] the definition of a peaceable revolution, if any such is possible.
        -- Henry David Thoreau