Re: Move to git is imminent - awaiting Stefan's approval

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Move to git is imminent - awaiting Stefan's approval
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 08:40:37 +0700

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 12:23 AM, Martin Geisler <address@hidden> wrote:

> Also, I would like to hear what graphical tools people use with Git that
> matches the cross-platform TortoiseHg tool? It is invaluable in showing the
> DAG and quickly browsing revisions:

I use Git GUI and Gitk, which are included out-of-the-box in Windows
and are in separate packages on Debian/Ubuntu. Gitk is for browsing
the DAG (incl. filters by various conditions, e.g. only revisions
which modify a given file) and manipulating branches (branch, reset,
cherry-pick) while Git GUI is a commit tool (good for selective
staging).

Git GUI can also act as a frontend to git blame (when invoked as git
gui blame <filename>), but I usually just use vc-annotate from Emacs
for this.