Re: The fixes-bug field

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: The fixes-bug field
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 23:29:29 +0200

> Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 15:04:56 -0500
> From: "Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> There wouldn't be a --fixes sitch in git itself, if that's what you mean.
> We could I suppose supply a wrapper command that would interpret it.

I think we need to figure out these details and more or less agree on
them, before converting the repository (if needed).  The worst thing
that can happen is to invest all that effort, only to find out later
that adding more "fixes bug NNN" commits don't work well, or that
there's a much more easy/elegant way of doing that.