Re: The fixes-bug field

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: The fixes-bug field
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 09:26:44 -0500

> (Note that I say "related to" because "fixes" might be inaccurate: we

Very much so, indeed.  The point for me is that a "bug#NNN" in the VCS
is a concise way to provide extra context about the commit, just in the
same way we use it in comments in the code.

IOW it serves so that when in a few years's time you'll be looking at
these few lines of code and wonder why on earth we did it that way, you
can go see what was the corresponding bug, which may even include
a handy test case.

        Stefan